I then opted to order a dehumidifier from the internet as I had limited choices at my local stores. I researched and found the Danby Product line in my searches. They appeared to receive solid reviews so I opted for this one that is badged under their Artic Aire line. I am very pleased with its performance from the start to now. I have a very damp basement and use it to keep the humidity level at 50%. It has worked flawlessly for almost a month at this writing.
The only drawbacks that some note are that it is a little noisy when running. This is because it has a fan and compressor (like your refrigerator or freezer) that run when is working. So it is going to make some noise but it is reasonably quiet to me. The second that some have written about is that the fan runs all the time in auto mode. The fan runs all the time to circulate the air so the unit's hygrometer can get an accurate moisture reading of the air so that it knows when to cycle the compressor on and off to maintain the preset humidity level.The hygrometer in the unit is accurate and gives the humidity readings on the display along with air temperature.
Have had more expensive units as well as cheaper units that both have not lasted well. This unit operates as god as or better than the more expensive units I have had. It by far outperforms the cheaper units I have had.
If I had to name one con for the item it would be that it does not have a condensate removal pump for getting rid of the water. This is not a big deal and I have an external pump that I use and just use the gravity drain port on the unit with a hose to the pump. Also, not everyone needs a pump and it would only increase the cost of the unit for no added benefit.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
No more Danby products for me (ArcticAire is made by Danby).This one proved to be defective after about a week of use. Went into defrost mode approx. every 15 20 minutes and never got humidity down to 50% (my setting). Basement temp. 70 degrees and supposed to be fine to much lower than that.
My last one (same model, called at the time Danby Premiere) lasted two and a half years....but didn't get used at all during the two winters or at night....only on-and-off in daytime during the other three seasons. That one replaced an exact model that was also defective upon purchase.
So...for me....two out of three defective out of the box and the third one dying without serious usage (compared to how long other brands have lasted us).
Too bad because I really like this style and its features.
No comments:
Post a Comment